Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mosquito accident in Odessa Florida
Unfortunately another Mosquito down...  Sad

in Loxahatchee Florida about one week ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf8cidoMU-I

http://cbs12.com/news/local/small-helico...oxahatchee
Any update on the Odessa crash please?
Wondering why this is becoming a dead end...this is pretty important stuff...more important than anything else with this company at the moment.
This is very important stuff. But until we are given access to the helicopter by the NTSB we can only guess at the problem which will not help anyone. Stay tuned and I will update as soon as we have access and are able to make our determination.
(03-22-2018, 01:20 AM)mosquito Wrote: This is very important stuff.  But until we are given access to the helicopter by the NTSB we can only guess at the problem which will not help anyone.  Stay tuned and I will update as soon as we have access and are able to make our determination.

Hi John.

Sure we have to wait for you to get access to the helicopter by the NTSB but as we heard, the pilote was fortunately ok... so, didn't you already get some first hand information from him ?

Thank's
Most pilots do not speak out because of being judged or embarrassment. Others do not want to speculate too much fearing they may be wrong in there assumptions. How many of you would post what happened after they had an accident? I only know of a hand full of pilots that did, and they did so at a time when others used the information as a learning point and not a chance to criticize or belittle that pilot.  I am not speaking of the pilots that were in the past two accidents but it is interesting how people want information but don't share information.
XE 285  1205 (Myrtle)
Start: 8/1/2013
Finish: 5/24/2014
Arrived home: 10/11/2014

We always talk to the owners as soon as we are able but that of course offers a very incomplete picture of what happened since it provides little input as to what really caused the issue. Until we are actually able to inspect the aircraft we are not able to analyze the problem and provide a report and/or any resulting recommendations. For experimental machines such as the XE285 we subject to the wait time imposed by the NTSB while they do their own processing of the incident which can take some time.
(03-25-2018, 08:06 PM)mosquito Wrote: We always talk to the owners as soon as we are able but that of course offers a very incomplete picture of what happened since it provides little input as to what really caused the issue.  Until we are actually able to inspect the aircraft we are not able to analyze the problem and provide a report and/or any resulting recommendations.  For experimental machines such as the XE285 we subject to the wait time imposed by the NTSB while they do their own processing of the incident which can take some time.

Anderstood. Was interested by it as i am upgrating from XE to XE285...  Smile Smile 
Thank you John.
Final update on the Loxahatchee incident. The low time pilot was in a hover and felt a gust of wind push him sideways. By his own admission he instinctively reacted by dropping the collective and impacted the ground. There was nothing found to be wrong with the engine or the rest of the machine.
Why are most of these pilots silent? If they are injured we want them to get well but it would be nice to know something. I remember when a pilot would tell other pilots what happened and leave less chance for speculation. Am I unrealistic? This needs to be discussed in the Owners area!

Michael
XE 285  1205 (Myrtle)
Start: 8/1/2013
Finish: 5/24/2014
Arrived home: 10/11/2014