Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swift
John or anyone else in the know, can you tell us what the status of the Swift is? From what I had last heard, intentions were to have it in the air by now. How close is that reality, and can you shed light on any holdups? Any news would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
I agree, it is time for an update. Safari has a new machine, the 500 and other manufacturers are ramping up new models, but I have a lot of faith in the Mosquito brand and the people involved with them.

Glad to see you back!
XE 285  1205 (Myrtle)
Start: 8/1/2013
Finish: 5/24/2014
Arrived home: 10/11/2014

I've been hovering it around and had some video of it at Oshkosh.
I'm having some cooling issues so am sorting through that now. Going for a faster machine with a sleeker body shape forced me away from the big central centrifugal fan everyone normally uses to two smaller fans mounted behind each cylinder bank. But the ones I'm using aren't cutting it so I'm going to have to make some changes. I haven't put much time into it over the last year due to development of UAV's for various customers but am dedicating much more time to it now.
(12-04-2017, 05:47 AM)mosquito Wrote: I've been hovering it around and had some video of it at Oshkosh.
 I'm having some cooling issues so am sorting through that now.  Going for a faster machine with a sleeker body shape forced me away from the big central centrifugal fan everyone normally uses to two smaller fans mounted behind each cylinder bank.  But the ones I'm using aren't cutting it so I'm going to have to make some changes.  I haven't put much time into it over the last year due to development of UAV's for various customers but am dedicating much more time to it now.

Thanks John. Looking forward to more as you continue development!

(12-04-2017, 01:04 AM)FlyGuy Wrote: I agree, it is time for an update. Safari has a new machine, the 500 and other manufacturers are ramping up new models, but I have a lot of faith in the Mosquito brand and the people involved with them.

Glad to see you back!

Thanks FlyGuy, it's good to be back!

(12-04-2017, 05:47 AM)mosquito Wrote: I've been hovering it around and had some video of it at Oshkosh.
 I'm having some cooling issues so am sorting through that now.  Going for a faster machine with a sleeker body shape forced me away from the big central centrifugal fan everyone normally uses to two smaller fans mounted behind each cylinder bank.  But the ones I'm using aren't cutting it so I'm going to have to make some changes.  I haven't put much time into it over the last year due to development of UAV's for various customers but am dedicating much more time to it now.

Thanks John. Looking forward to more as you continue development!
John,

Thanks. We know you have a full plate and recently had family issues to deal with, but a little information goes a long way.
Hope all is well, Merry Christmas and I hope to see you at the fly-in!

Michael
XE 285  1205 (Myrtle)
Start: 8/1/2013
Finish: 5/24/2014
Arrived home: 10/11/2014