Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hypothetical commercial application
Does anyone know of any owners out there using their Mosquito for commercial ops?

I have always wondered about the possibility of it's use in power line patrol, frost protection, cherry drying ect..

It seems like the cost per hr would be so low that you could undercut the competition ...though range/endurance might be an issue..
(12-06-2017, 03:42 AM)FlyingJhog Wrote: Does anyone know of any owners out there using their Mosquito for commercial ops?

I have always wondered about the possibility of it's use in power line patrol, frost protection, cherry drying ect..

It seems like the cost per hr would be so low that you could undercut the competition ...though range/endurance might be an issue..
Hi
An experimental aircraft cannot be used for commercial use.
However there is nothing stopping one from using one as a personal farm tool for ag spray etc.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk
If I buy a factory built XE285, that is not an experimental aircraft is it?
Slight clarification. You can fly an experimental aircraft for commercial related activities, you just can't fly for hire, ie you can't be paid for it. Probably a moot point but worth noting.
If you want an experimental version of the Mosquito (XE, XE285) built for you, you need to do the builder assist program at the factory in Florida. Its the best way to build your helicopter since you get the assistance, oversight and experience of the crew in Florida but you also get to be involved and learn about it as its built.
Can I buy a factory built XE285? You provide the AW certificate and the N-number?
Because the XE285 is in the experimental category it has to be 51% built by the owner. So you can visit the factory and do the factory assist program where they will build the helicopter with you. Its the best way to build since you get factory assistance and oversight but still get to help put it together so you have a full understanding of the process. They will also help with the airworthiness and registration process.