Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QUESTIONS on getting an XET Mosquito
Need so help here. I want to buy a Mosquito XET Turbine to get my hours up and get Turbine hours. How many hours until it needs to be overhauled? What’s the operating cost of it? Can you get financed by anyone for an experimental helicopter? Greatly appreciate any help. Thanks
(02-11-2018, 05:58 PM)Firemarine78 Wrote: Need so help here.  I want to buy a Mosquito XET Turbine to get my hours up and get Turbine hours.  How many hours until it needs to be overhauled?  What’s the operating cost of it? Can you get financed by anyone for an experimental helicopter?  Greatly appreciate any help.  Thanks

Hey Firemarine, I hear ya...  I had the same cunning plan, but ended up getting a XE with only 5 hrs on it, and am currently upgrading to the 285 engine. (3 significant engine issues in under 5 hrs)) Turbine.... may be a couple years down the road though. 

I'm far from the most knowledgeable on the XET, but the Mosquito has a 500 hr major overhaul that they quote at $5000 for materials.

EAA use to do referals to US lenders (25 ys ago anyways) as well as insurance.  If you purchase an all ready flying Mosq would probably be easier for financing.  I seem to recall that someone is currently doing a factory assist turbine, and is looking at selling it when it's done. Give Composite FX a call. 

Tim
Ok I’ll email them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good luck. I was unable to find a source for financing and self-financed my XE 285, currently in beginning stages. I had no luck finding insurance until I found Falcon in Fredericksburg, TX.
XE285 1329 (N869DJ reserved)
Start: June 2018 (Build started!  Wink  )
Do u have to have insurance on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm in Canada, but the insurance requirements are similar I think. Still got to run with the minimum liability. I have only $500k liability/medical with no in motion hull. 800 hr TT and Zero helicopter $900 from COPA (Canadian Owners and Pilot Assoc). Quite a bit more than for my PA-22, mind you. EAA also responded with a quotes. So check out the EAA and AOPA in addition to Falcon.
Depends on your state in the US. If you have a lender and a lien, they will quite likely require liability and hull insurance. Some states require registering your aircraft like an automobile and carrying liability. The FAA does not require insurance. Even if your state does not require it, some airports require it if you rent hangar space.
XE285 1329 (N869DJ reserved)
Start: June 2018 (Build started!  Wink  )
I think insurance should be