Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inntec 800 reliability
(03-25-2018, 08:43 PM)Sigi Wrote: Still no answer from  XE 285 owners... What does that tell me?
If someone has had bad experiences, he probably prefers to stay behind... Unfortunately! 
But those, who are satisfied? - why is nobody reporting??? Or are'nt there any  of them? 
Like I told  before: I know the specs of the engine, but above all I am interested in practical experiences!!!

I parted ways with my beloved 285 about a year ago, due to occupational changes... However, I did manage to fly quite a few hours while I had her...

The engine has enough power to do anything you ask of it... The power to weight ratio is phenomenal and the little machine has pretty significant tailrotor authority...

The fuel mapping can be somewhat of a pain until you get the hang of it and get it dialed in... Buying a digital engine monitor helped greatly with that process...

I think the lack of major incidents speaks to the reliability... Any engine can quit, and you should always try to fly in a profile that gives you options if it does quit... I have flown twin engine helicopters for years and I try to apply the engine failure principles in those as well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(03-28-2018, 02:53 AM)Zman-64D Wrote:
(03-25-2018, 08:43 PM)Sigi Wrote: Still no answer from  XE 285 owners... What does that tell me?
If someone has had bad experiences, he probably prefers to stay behind... Unfortunately! 
But those, who are satisfied? - why is nobody reporting??? Or are'nt there any  of them? 
Like I told  before: I know the specs of the engine, but above all I am interested in practical experiences!!!

I parted ways with my beloved 285 about a year ago, due to occupational changes... However, I did manage to fly quite a few hours while I had her...

The engine has enough power to do anything you ask of it... The power to weight ratio is phenomenal and the little machine has pretty significant tailrotor authority...

The fuel mapping can be somewhat of a pain until you get the hang of it and get it dialed in... Buying a digital engine monitor helped greatly with that process...

I think the lack of major incidents speaks to the reliability... Any engine can quit, and you should always try to fly in a profile that gives you options if it does quit... I have flown twin engine helicopters for years and I try to apply the engine failure principles in those as well...

Thank you for your reply - but:
... the lack of major incidents speaks to the reliability?... After all it has been 3 accidents,.where the engine was involved!
But in order to classify that correctly, one would have to know how many 285 actually fly.
Do you know that?

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk
...just read: one of the incidents has nothing to do with the engine.
Glad, to hear that!
(03-28-2018, 02:53 AM)Zman-64D Wrote: I parted ways with my beloved 285 about a year ago, due to occupational changes... However, I did manage to fly quite a few hours while I had her...

I totally agree. The only pain with this engine is dialing in the fuel map. For me it was more difficult as I start the engine at 5,282 feet. I got it close and then invested in an Autotune module and the Pod-300engine monitor. The engine itself is STRONG. Power even at my altitude has not been an issue. Of course that does not mean I want go out and fly on 90+ degree days but I may see how it hovers in those conditions one of these days.

Michael
XE 285  1205 (Myrtle)
Start: 8/1/2013
Finish: 5/24/2014
Arrived home: 10/11/2014