Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oops, another one bites the dust - in NC
It seems as though another Mosquito XE has fallen victim to physics.  Reportedly the tail rotor made contact with tree branches and, (with the assistance of gravity), the rest became inevitable.

Rumor is, pilot was trying to learn how to hover/fly without lessons.

http://www.fox46charlotte.com/news/local...helicopter

Robert
"Pilots - Looking down on people since 1903"
(on a shirt my daughter gave me - author unknown)
Van's Aircraft RV-9 (dragon tail) Flying Phase 1
More money than brains. Should've spent some of the lottery on flight training.

This will raise awareness about some people flying Mosquitos illegally as ultralights.
XE285 #1329 N869DJ
Start: June 2018 (Build started!  Wink  )
Finished!:  Sep 12, 2018  Big Grin
Wow No Training Is Obvious !!!! Way to much input on cyclic. Should have used some of that input on the left pedal. Thanks for making things more difficult for the ones like me taking the time to get instruction. I guess you kept it in your own lawn so that's a plus.
(05-04-2018, 02:38 PM)Dick Campbell Wrote: More money than brains.  Should've spent some of the lottery on flight training.

This will raise awareness about some people flying Mosquitos illegally as ultralights.

Not even ultra-lite, ( no floats)  I hope the FAA empties this idiots wallet with a stuff fine.
Nice to see you still monitoring activities Leo!

Michael
XE 285  1205 (Myrtle)
Start: 8/1/2013
Finish: 5/24/2014
Arrived home: 10/11/2014

Here are some posts from his wife on their facebook account...and a pic of it before it crashed and burned along with a pic of him...he bought it on Barnstormers, it had a 202 engine that was replaced with a 285.

Yesterday: Tim was hovering I was in the living room watching tv I checked on him throughout out the window. When I heard a weird loud noise I checked out on the window I saw him he’s gonna hit the ground and crash I ran out I saw him he’s on the ground already I tore out the window to get to him I checked if he’s tangled or strapped one of the wire was holding his head down I pulled it out I checked his legs if he can move them they were stuck and he’s not that flexible I tried to pull him out but he’s too heavy he said no no that’s when I noticed the fire I kept on telling him sweetie you need to get out it’s on fire he kept on telling me no no no I checked again his legs if they’re hurting or in pain and his arm that’s when I noticed he was glowing I remembered his mom was glowing then she passed away I paused for a second I said to myself he’s not gonna burn and die then back in my mind I said Jesus no not now, I told Tim again sweetie you need to get out it’s on fire it’s gonna explode I ran to get the water hose when I came back he was out already he did not know how he got out that’s when the neighbor noticed and called 911. As he was trying to put down the fire I told him, sweetie it’s fine it’s just a helicopter the important is you are alive.

[/url]

I could not asleep, I keep checking on Tim because the accident keeps flashing in my head. He is doing fine, I wish I could take away his sore and his burn. I am a right handed person ,I tore out the window of the helicopter with my hands my left hand has at least 13 cuts but my right hand got 2 cuts. I was actually fine emotionally this morning and afternoon when Tim’s said I have to sleep, I don’t want/ can’t sleep.

https://www.facebook.com/michellekniess/...21962/?t=1

https://www.facebook.com/michellekniess/...55152/?t=8

(05-04-2018, 01:52 PM)swashplate Wrote: It seems as though another Mosquito XE has fallen victim to physics.  Reportedly the tail rotor made contact with tree branches and, (with the assistance of gravity), the rest became inevitable.

Robert

Robert, you are wrong, he had 2 lessons, so he was experienced to fly ....

This is a post from his wife's facebook account.

Tim is having a flight training. Second day, his getting better . Whatever it takes to keep him safe/alive.
[Image: static_map.php?v=33&osm_provider=2&size=...US&scale=2]

[Image: 13612355_10154223410417435_3241943076407...e=5B973A23]

[url=https://www.facebook.com/pages/North-Perry-Airport/139953242689775]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Jim
(05-05-2018, 12:40 AM)jimwitkowski Wrote: Here are some posts from his wife on their facebook account...and a pic of it before it crashed and burned along with a pic of him...he bought it on Barnstormers, it had a 202 engine that was replaced with a 285.

Yesterday: Tim was hovering I was in the living room watching tv I checked on him throughout out the window. When I heard a weird loud noise I checked out on the window I saw him he’s gonna hit the ground and crash I ran out I saw him he’s on the ground already I tore out the window to get to him I checked if he’s tangled or strapped one of the wire was holding his head down I pulled it out I checked his legs if he can move them they were stuck and he’s not that flexible I tried to pull him out but he’s too heavy he said no no that’s when I noticed the fire I kept on telling him sweetie you need to get out it’s on fire he kept on telling me no no no I checked again his legs if they’re hurting or in pain and his arm that’s when I noticed he was glowing I remembered his mom was glowing then she passed away I paused for a second I said to myself he’s not gonna burn and die then back in my mind I said Jesus no not now, I told Tim again sweetie you need to get out it’s on fire it’s gonna explode I ran to get the water hose when I came back he was out already he did not know how he got out that’s when the neighbor noticed and called 911. As he was trying to put down the fire I told him, sweetie it’s fine it’s just a helicopter the important is you are alive.

[/url]

I could not asleep, I keep checking on Tim because the accident keeps flashing in my head. He is doing fine, I wish I could take away his sore and his burn. I am a right handed person ,I tore out the window of the helicopter with my hands my left hand has at least 13 cuts but my right hand got 2 cuts. I was actually fine emotionally this morning and afternoon when Tim’s said I have to sleep, I don’t want/ can’t sleep.

https://www.facebook.com/michellekniess/...21962/?t=1

https://www.facebook.com/michellekniess/...55152/?t=8

(05-04-2018, 01:52 PM)swashplate Wrote: It seems as though another Mosquito XE has fallen victim to physics.  Reportedly the tail rotor made contact with tree branches and, (with the assistance of gravity), the rest became inevitable.

Robert

Robert, you are wrong, he had 2 lessons, so he was experienced to fly ....

This is a post from his wife's facebook account.

Tim is having a flight training. Second day, his getting better . Whatever it takes to keep him safe/alive.
[Image: static_map.php?v=33&osm_provider=2&size=...US&scale=2]

[Image: 13612355_10154223410417435_3241943076407...e=5B973A23]

[url=https://www.facebook.com/pages/North-Perry-Airport/139953242689775]
Don't be so rude... He is fine and that's what matter the most ! You can try to learn it by yourself as did all the inventors back in the early days... (thank's to them !)... This exemple is here to remember it is way better to do dual instruction as soon as it is about flying... an helicopter... Not everybody is a Dwight... ;-)

Thank's god this family is still an happy one :-)
This is weapons grade stupid and as usual, you play stupid games you win stupid prizes. Frederic, coming to this mans defense is a bit odd. If we have clowns like this continue to do stupid crap like this, it impacts the entire community. They may impose additional restrictions that will impact the usefulness of these and many other aircraft. There is an old saying that goes "One guy craps his pants and we all have to wear diapers."

The FAA will love those videos and more than likely pull his medical and any license he might have..as they should. Say the neighborhood kids decide to watch old man Tim fly his little helicopter in the front yard. HOW COOL! Then, Chuck Yeager gets the thing airborne, loses control, and heads right towards his fan base...would you still be on Team Tim? I would hope not.
Rotor Tim,
great post ! I agree with you 100 %. This knucklehead could of killed someone. When a drunk driver crashes they go to jail, the response isn't "thank god the family is still a happy one". He had no business doing what he did.
Frederic I see you like to fly from your back yard, maybe when the FAA changes the rules and makes it illegal to do so you can thank knucklehead.
(05-08-2018, 01:39 AM)qwerty Wrote: Rotor Tim,
great post !  I agree with you 100 %. This knucklehead could of killed someone. When a drunk driver crashes they go to jail, the response isn't "thank god the family is still a happy one". He had no business doing what he did.
Frederic I see you like to fly from your back yard, maybe when the FAA changes the rules and makes it illegal to do so you can thank knucklehead.

Hi,

I must agree with you both but i was just trying to give an other point of view. For sure this kind of way to learn is not the good one and it is very bad for the comunity when it goes wrong.

Best Regards,
Fred