Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
removing swash plate and control tubes from mast
Hello everyone,

What is the easiest way to remove the swash plate, control tubes, and rod ends from the mast?  I would like to disconnect everything at the bottom and just pull it all out of the top.  I have called Mike several times but I am half dumb and don't quite get it.  I need to do a inspection so I need to get all the guts out of the mast  Pics would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help,

Paul
I think you are on the right track. Once you pull the tubes, swashplate, and mast assembly out you can freely work on everything and know they are right!
XE 285  1205 (Myrtle)
Start: 8/1/2013
Finish: 5/24/2014
Arrived home: 10/11/2014

Do you have an Air or XE?
(06-25-2018, 02:17 PM)mosquito Wrote: Do you have an Air or XE?

I have a Air.
You need to remove the two 10-32 bolts holding the collective slave levers to the 3/16" rod ends at the bottom of the mast. Also remove the single vertical 1/4" bolt connecting the roll lever to the roll tube and slide the lever off the tube. Remove the antirotation bolt from the swash plate and the 9 bolts holding the rotor shaft bearing cartridge into the mast. I'm assuming of course that you have already removed the rotor head from the rotor shaft. The rotor shaft and control string should now slide out of the mast. You might need a ladder to do that.
(06-29-2018, 04:49 PM)mosquito Wrote: You need to remove the two 10-32 bolts holding the collective slave levers to the 3/16" rod ends at the bottom of the mast.  Also remove the single vertical 1/4" bolt connecting the roll lever to the roll tube and slide the lever off the tube.  Remove the antirotation bolt from the swash plate and the 9 bolts holding the rotor shaft bearing cartridge into the mast.  I'm assuming of course that you have already removed the rotor head from the rotor shaft.  The rotor shaft and control string should now slide out of the mast.  You might need a ladder to do that.

Well, its all done.  Came out real nice.  Will do a detailed inspection then slip it back in.  Thanks for the help.