Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oshkosh?
The aviation gods seem to smiling down on me and it appears I'll be making oshkosh for the last weekend. Will mosquito helicopter have a booth setup there? For any other guys that will be around I'd love to meet up and look at your helo or just chat about the mosquito build and flying qualities. I should be there the 27-29

Shane
Shane 
RV-6 Angle Valve G3X
Murphy Rebel 
Aero Engineer, A&P
(07-07-2018, 08:34 PM)Timberwolf Wrote: The aviation gods seem to smiling down on me and it appears I'll be making oshkosh for the last weekend. Will mosquito helicopter have a booth setup there? For any other guys that will be around I'd love to meet up and look at your helo or just chat about the mosquito build and flying qualities. I should be there the 27-29

Shane

Shane,
Yes, there will be a Mosquito booth at Oshkosh again this year, site #939, about middle of the Ultralight area.  I am the new authorized dealer for WI, IL and MN and was planning to announce this during the show.  Ironically, John put me in charge of the Oshkosh display this year and we have been emailing almost daily with an updated logo, signage, TV displays, and printed material.  We were planning to hold a meet n greet and have a pancake breakfast one morning.

In light of the sad loss of John and the two birds he was planning to bring we will be limited to only my XET which is not flyable at this time, so it is limited as a static display only.  I welcome anyone that would want to bring a flying bird to give demo flights for the public and ask them to please contact me ASAP.  We may have accommodations for you but please contact me to confirm.

Rick Martin
VACO Aviation
http://www.vacoaviation.com
As has become my routine, I'll also be helping to man the booth this year(up from downunder!)

I'd ask everyone you can to please show there support for John and the Mosquito community at large this year.
John's passing has been a tremendous BLOW!
I can't think of a better way to honor John than getting together and supporting his life passion...
-Mosquito sales and services Down Under-
Rick,

Sounds good. I’ll be there the last weekend and will be sure to stop by and chat.
Shane 
RV-6 Angle Valve G3X
Murphy Rebel 
Aero Engineer, A&P
This was going to be the biggest Oshkosh show for the Mosquito and now as a tribute to John it must be the biggest of all the Mosquito shows.

All the members with a Mosquito in the US must attend this Oshkosh show to bring a tribute to the man that make the dream of the Mosquito possible.

This year I can´t go because my wife is very delicate with cancer and we are fighting together another battle but I encourage all the members to bring all your Mosquitos to Oshkosh this year.

Best regards

Juan Manuel Lozano
owner of a XE285 and a XET in progress