Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do y'all fuel your Skeeters?
So now that I've moved from the "if I'm going to get a Mosquito" to "when am I going to get a Mosquito", my thoughts have moved to auxiliary equipment that will improve my life as a Mosquito owner which brings me to the question of: what do y'all use to fuel up your Mosqutos?

Jerry cans? 
Fixed fuel tank?

With an auxiliary tank, 20gals is a tall order for just my standard 5gal gas cans I use for lawn equipment, I was thinking like a little ~60gal-ish fuel tank with wheels and a trailer hitch I could tow down to wherever I'm going to end up purchasing my fuel supply. Of course I'm admittedly ignorant of any DOT regulations regarding such an act, but luckily living where I do I can claim agriculture status which typically gives us a little lee-way where regulations are concerned.

Anyways, how do y'all handle this?
couple FLO-Fast 7.5 Gallon tanks with a pump
I'm thinking something like this

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074CDH8LG/?co..._lig_dp_it

don't forget about the price increase coming Aug 1st.
XE285 1329 (N869DJ reserved)
Start: June 2018 (Build started!  Wink  )
Try this link- https://www.globalindustrial.com/p/safet...gK3y_D_BwE
"Pilots - Looking down on people since 1903"
(on a shirt my daughter gave me - author unknown)
Van's Aircraft RV-9 (dragon tail) Flying Phase 1
At the factory they use FLO-Fast tanks like Mike said. Here is a link.

https://flofast.com

Michael
XE 285  1205 (Myrtle)
Start: 8/1/2013
Finish: 5/24/2014
Arrived home: 10/11/2014

All of those solutions look awesome! I especially like that 25 gal rolling cart tank, but man I can't imagine how I would load it back up into the truck after I got it filled haha, perhaps the 7.5's would be right for me!
That's the ticket!
XE 285  1205 (Myrtle)
Start: 8/1/2013
Finish: 5/24/2014
Arrived home: 10/11/2014

I use a 20 litre ( 4.5 gal maybe) fuel containers. I can fit 4 of them in my truck and go to the local fuel station to get the fuel. Its easy to mix the oil in at the right ratio and to fill the Mosquito, I lift it, sit it on my shoulder until it empties somewhat, then lift it up higher onto my head - yep, I am not known for my height, but the top of my head is the perfect height to empty the container.
(07-14-2018, 07:22 PM)Casey Wrote: All of those solutions look awesome! I especially like that 25 gal rolling cart tank, but man I can't imagine how I would load it back up into the truck after I got it filled haha, perhaps the 7.5's would be right for me!

Leave it in the truck to refill, back the truck up to the helo fuel port to transfer.
XE285 1329 (N869DJ reserved)
Start: June 2018 (Build started!  Wink  )
(07-16-2018, 01:45 AM)Dick Campbell Wrote:
(07-14-2018, 07:22 PM)Casey Wrote: All of those solutions look awesome! I especially like that 25 gal rolling cart tank, but man I can't imagine how I would load it back up into the truck after I got it filled haha, perhaps the 7.5's would be right for me!

Leave it in the truck to refill, back the truck up to the helo fuel port to transfer.

Yeah but my whole life I've always been taught fueling containers in the bed of a truck is a big no-no though ?