Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headsets and helmets!?
Casey,

That cranial really brings back memories! Green one is probably from a maintainer, wonder how it found its way out of the Navy. Probably those Coasties Wink It's better than nothing, but you might want to try an aviation helmet. I have a couple you can borrow indefinitely until the small chance I need them back. I have a standard issue Navy HGU-68 XL with military connector (will need to be converted, been personal helmet from 2004 to 2015), as well as an SPH-5 Large, with civilian helicopter connection.

I only fly with my Alpha Eagle with memory foam earpads, Communication Ear Plugs (CEP), and faceshield if the doors are off so that ATC can understand what I'm saying. This is however a $2800 package, and overkill for most sport pilots.
Owner N315FC   XET built by Scott Seaner
CFI/CFII, LCDR USNR
Line pilot at Air Evac Lifeteam, AE63 Abilene, TX

YouTube/iG : RotorLyfe
(09-21-2018, 06:02 AM)rotorlyfe Wrote: Casey,

That cranial really brings back memories! Green one is probably from a maintainer, wonder how it found its way out of the Navy. Probably those Coasties Wink It's better than nothing, but you might want to try an aviation helmet. I have a couple you can borrow indefinitely until the small chance I need them back. I have a standard issue Navy HGU-68 XL with military connector (will need to be converted, been personal helmet from 2004 to 2015), as well as an SPH-5 Large, with civilian helicopter connection.

I only fly with my Alpha Eagle with memory foam earpads, Communication Ear Plugs (CEP), and faceshield if the doors are off so that ATC can understand what I'm saying. This is however a $2800 package, and overkill for most sport pilots.

Sorry to kind of necro here, but you mentioned Communication Ear Plugs here, and I wanted to ask you/yall about them! I'm getting ready to pull the trigger a buy me a flight helmet for Christmas, and I'm looking at the options, and I've pretty much got it all decided except for CEP...I'm gonna do some googling but I figured I would also ask all my friends here what ya'll think of CEP's?

*Edit* I guess after doing some Googling here, their like little earbuds that go in your ears before you put your helmet on that transmit audio to you...but I guess does that mean you don't need the earcup headphones then? Or are these meant to work in conjunction with those? I do have a problem sometimes hearing what my instructor is saying, even with my David Clark headset volume turned up to maximum, so with these would I theoretically be able to hear quieter mics better since more background noise is filtered out by having an extra layer for sound to penetrate?
"Into the fires of forever we will fly through the heavens
With the power of the universe we stand strong together
Through the force in our power, it will soon reach the hour
For victory we ride, Fury of the Storm!"