Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deposit sent!
Wwarrn, welcome. Where are you located?
XE285 #1329 N869DJ
Start: June 2018
Done:  Sep 12, 2018  Sleepy 
AWC Issued: Sep 26, 2018  Big Grin  
Thanks.  Located in North Georgia, town named Woodstock, 30 miles North of Atlanta airport, close to 5GA4, a private strip.  I'm not a member of that group.
Campbell, and what is your location ?  And Casey ?  Who else with a recent deposit ?
Welcome, Wwarrn. I've got a deposit on xe285 #1334. Last I heard, Norb said they were going to be crating it up for shipment real soon. I'm in Eau Claire, Wisconsin.
E, glad you mention where you are located.  I travel each year north of you, on hwy 53 to Birchwood, for deer opening day. I don't shoot but I enjoy the hunt and the get together.  I will be very interested in hearing your progress.
Good to meet you, Will
I'm in Waco, TX and Casey is between Houston and Beaumont somewhere.
XE285 #1329 N869DJ
Start: June 2018
Done:  Sep 12, 2018  Sleepy 
AWC Issued: Sep 26, 2018  Big Grin  
Haha "somewhere" is actually the most apt description for where I live in Texas hahaha! You go around telling people you live in Hull Texas and they just stare at your blankly and you just nod your head  Tongue
"Into the fires of forever we will fly through the heavens
With the power of the universe we stand strong together
Through the force in our power, it will soon reach the hour
For victory we ride, Fury of the Storm!" 
Hey guys sent my deposit in a few weeks ago to beat the price increase.  Building a xet at the factory . Hoping to get down there during the January/February time frame.  When its complete it will be coming back to Michigan with me.  Roughly 30 miles north of Detroit.
NewBs, what are your thoughts regarding instruments ?
(I'm sure I'm supposed to post my question within an appropriate 'thread' but I'm not sure how to do this.)
It's early I guess, to be thinking of instruments, when I haven't turned the first screw, don't really know how to operate the turbin, but I want to be sure to operate within the 'green', and I need to know airspeed. Everything else that I can think of should be available via a Stratus sending stuff to a tablet strapped to my knee.
What's your opinion?
Will
Well tbh I don’t think you should worry much about instruments, as I recall the XET comes standard with the LCD screen that’s going to show you everything you need to know, I’m not even sure there’s much room for any additional instrumentation in the XET dash panel, between it and your knee board I think you’re probably pretty safe! And besides, most of the CFX guys I’ve talked to are really convinced there’s no need for anything other than the standard instruments on the Moaquito, so that’s how im approaching my 285 build haha KISS   Tongue
"Into the fires of forever we will fly through the heavens
With the power of the universe we stand strong together
Through the force in our power, it will soon reach the hour
For victory we ride, Fury of the Storm!"