Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deposit sent!
I don't know if the MGL EFIS is standard or not, but all the XETs I saw all have them. You can go to the MGL web site and check out the features. I'm assuming it is programmable to whatever you desire.

For my 285, I went with the individual MGL instruments, but changed from the standard package for different AS and altimeter/VSI. You wil also need to decide which/if radio you want, and if you want a transponder/ADS-B (I do not). I also made some decisions about custom switching. So, it really is your aircraft to design the way you want it.

I'll be posting pics when I get finished next month.
XE285 #1329 N869DJ
Start: June 2018
Done:  Sep 12, 2018  Sleepy 
AWC Issued: Sep 26, 2018  Big Grin  
How did my 'good advise' get ahead of your, Casey, message ?? Beats the heck out of me !
Moving on !  Will
Forgot to add - I installed a 1-inch Ram ball on the top of my panel to take an iPad Mini mount.  I while use Foreflight and Scout as my primary Nav instrument when I need that capability.
XE285 #1329 N869DJ
Start: June 2018
Done:  Sep 12, 2018  Sleepy 
AWC Issued: Sep 26, 2018  Big Grin  
Eblezien,

Sent you a Private message.

Michael
XE 285  1205 (Myrtle)
Start: 8/1/2013
Finish: 5/24/2014
Arrived home: 10/11/2014

Newb's, while waiting to go to Trenton and get started, it occurred to me that I will need a means to haul this thing, if I ever get it finished. So maybe I can satisfied my impatience by working on solving the question of a trailor. Now, Michael has a solution, with pictures, but I have a few questions. How do you fit a 21'7" overall length machine into a 20' trailor ? How wide is your trailor ? The heli is 62" overall wide. And the minimum height of the finished opening of the ramp/door ?
What type vehicle do you use to haul it, and does it pull comfortabLy down the road ? Does it swing and sway ? If you had to start all over, from scratch, what if anything would you do different ?
You realize, when we get this thing home we are going to need to store it under cover, so a covered trailor
will have multiple uses.
Michael, what was your approx cost ?
Lots of questions. Inquiring minds will want to know !
Got to keep moving on, Will
[Image: 86b38387a3305217de48d9d2b5ab95d2.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(08-21-2018, 10:15 AM)Zman-64D Wrote: [Image: 86b38387a3305217de48d9d2b5ab95d2.jpg]

Need...like...button...so bad  Tongue
"Into the fires of forever we will fly through the heavens
With the power of the universe we stand strong together
Through the force in our power, it will soon reach the hour
For victory we ride, Fury of the Storm!" 
Zman, is that an iPad mini? Or full size? Looks really nice either way!
It’s an IPad mini... I used a “flypad Mount” to flush mount it into the dash... My temperature gauge is mounted behind the iPad... I wired the temperature gauge into the blue light on the left of the panel, which is activated by the warning limits for overtemp... An iPad mini with foreflight and a stratus is pretty much a poor man’s Garmin 500...

Big Grin 
Very interesting panel layout. 

Michael
XE 285  1205 (Myrtle)
Start: 8/1/2013
Finish: 5/24/2014
Arrived home: 10/11/2014