Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transport Mosquito On What?
How do you transport your mosquito?  Does anyone have anything that encloses it? Thank you.
Man must rise above Earth...then will he understand the world in which he lives. Socrates
Tedirelan,

There are several owners with enclosed trailers. It takes a lot of worry out of long hauling your heli when it starts to rain. When I went to the fly-in this year I had to pull over for three hour because of a thunder storm. There are some trailer that are visible in a few of the fly-in videos but folks usually don't see them because they are too busy watching the helis. I have some pictures of mine here on the forum. Here is a link. I hope the helps to answer your question.

http://forum.mosquito-helicopter.info/ez...242&u=1600

Michael
XE 285  1205 (Myrtle)
Start: 8/1/2013
Finish: 5/24/2014
Arrived home: 10/11/2014

That is an awesome trailer - some great ideas for securing the heli and blades
(08-04-2018, 05:30 AM)FlyGuy Wrote: Michael,

Thank you very much. That's exactly what I was after. I was hoping to fit an XEL in one. Could be tricky. This would be hailed all over the US. 

Tedirelan,

There are several owners with enclosed trailers. It takes a lot of worry out of long hauling your heli when it starts to rain. When I went to the fly-in this year I had to pull over for three hour because of a thunder storm. There are some trailer that are visible in a few of the fly-in videos but folks usually don't see them because they are too busy watching the helis. I have some pictures of mine here on the forum. Here is a link. I hope the helps to answer your question.

http://forum.mosquito-helicopter.info/ez...242&u=1600

Michael
Man must rise above Earth...then will he understand the world in which he lives. Socrates
In this configuration I made the round trip from Colorado to Trenton, FL. with no mishaps. The trailer towed well and my truck did a great job.
XE 285  1205 (Myrtle)

I went for semi enclosed (open at back). Trailer worked out very light and easy to handle. Some photos in my gallery. Good if you live in town/city and need to transport to a nearby airfield.

http://forum.mosquito-helicopter.info/ez...238&u=2989
Yes , I had the trailer custom built. I measured my helicopter and based on that knew the dimensions I needed. Then I confirmed these measurements with another mosquito owner and he sent me measurements (enclosed). It is called a 20' V-nose (20' not including the V-nose, so it is longer than 20'). I then researched trailer manufacturers to see what they offered. I found in America you can have anything you want as long as you can pay for it! 

Hope this helped.

Michael

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

XE 285  1205 (Myrtle)

Just ordered a 24" V-Nose 8'.5" wide, 8' tall with ramp door and 90" entrance opening.  Hope the entrance is big enough.  Who made the tail cone/blade support Stand? I can change the specs if i need to , is your drawing showing a 95" opening for the door and if that is the case how much clearance did you have. i figured the helicopter was 82" tall so 90" would give me 8" of clearance. I will have it changed if your experience deems it too small.
That should be plenty of room. Mine is 20' long, 7' wide, 8' tall, and the last 4' is the "dove tail" which helps with the entry because the heli is one wheels which adds to its height. The V-nose was pushed out which gives me an extra 40" in length. I made the support myself. I will probably design another one at a later date. I wish I would have ordered a 24' er.

Michael
XE 285  1205 (Myrtle)

Who are you guys ordering your trailer from?
XE285 #1329 N869DJ
Start: June 2018
Done:  Sep 12, 2018  Sleepy 
AWC Issued: Sep 26, 2018  Big Grin