Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transport Mosquito On What?
not sure where my orginal answer went, weird but i'll try again...........its a bit of a drive for me but i special ordered mine here 
https://trttrailersales.com/
6400.00 out the door

(08-22-2018, 03:13 AM)FlyGuy Wrote: That should be plenty of room. Mine is 20' long, 7' wide, 8' tall, and the last 4' is the "dove tail" which helps with the entry because the heli is one wheels which adds to its height. The V-nose was pushed out which gives me an extra 40" in length. I made the support myself. I will probably design another one at a later date. I wish I would have ordered a 24' er.

Michael

Off the wall question but how much would you charge to build a support and ship it, or sell a set of plans with dimensions?
6400.00 out the door'
What were the customizations of your order?  Dimensions?  Tandem or single wheel?  'V' nose?  Painted?  What was your weight time before you could pick it up?  Are you satisfied?  I'm 4 hours drive away, by road, 2+ hours by heli, but that's another story !
yes the drive for me is about 3 hours to trt trailer sales and full description was mentioned earlier in thread but ill sum it up:

24' long
8'.5" wide
8' tall
90" door opening 7'.5"
v-nose
painted Black
5800 duel axels Rated for car/race car
2 1/2 weeks order to pick up time
guy named Ron helped me he does not work on commission and he is straight up. (not trying to up sell things)
What size vehicle do you use to pull your heli trailer? Wonder if my F150 is big enough, strong enough. A 24' X 8' trailer might offer a lot of resistance, drag, but at less than 1k lbs the heli shouldn't be that hard to pull. The rear end of the F150 is very light, but I can add a few concrete blocks for traction.
(08-23-2018, 04:46 PM)Wwarrn Wrote: What size vehicle do you use to pull your heli trailer?  Wonder if my F150 is big enough, strong enough.  A 24' X 8' trailer might offer a lot of resistance, drag, but at less than 1k lbs the heli shouldn't be that hard to pull.  The rear end of the F150 is very light, but I can add a few concrete blocks for traction.

the f150 should be fine just look at its towing capacity,  6k capacity  or more should do it, because the 24" trailer weighs about 3200 lbs and the mosquito weighs about 360 dry (the xe285).  get the v-nose it is less resistance.  I have an f150 raptor with a v6 ecoboost twin turbo, its towing capacity is about 6k.  most v8 f150s are up there and if im not mistaking around 12k capacity or so.
(08-23-2018, 04:46 PM)Wwarrn Wrote: What size vehicle do you use to pull your heli trailer?  Wonder if my F150 is big enough, strong enough.  A 24' X 8' trailer might offer a lot of resistance, drag, but at less than 1k lbs the heli shouldn't be that hard to pull.  The rear end of the F150 is very light, but I can add a few concrete blocks for traction.
Wwarrn

You won't be needing any concrete blocks in the bed of your truck. Once you lower the trailer on your truck hitch ball there will be plenty of down force on your truck. And with a half ton 150, unless you have air bags or some kind of a spring helper It will likely put your truck on it's ass. An equalizer system would help this issue.  Also should be a V8, and  rear end ratio of 370 or 390 or lower. Or you will likely be pulling in drive. And a trans cooler is almost a must.

leo...

(08-23-2018, 10:28 AM)triston Wrote: yes the drive for me is about 3 hours to trt trailer sales and full description was mentioned earlier in thread but ill sum it up:

24' long
8'.5" wide
8' tall
90" door opening 7'.5"
v-nose
painted Black
guy named Ron helped me he does not work on commission and he is straight up. (not trying to up sell things)

Triston
An 8' tall and 8'wide should work for you, I had an 8'wide,8 tall with wheel boxes parchedly inside the trailer and my XEL fit between them with no issues with floats installed. I don't have my list on what axels I ordered, but  duel 3400# comes to mind. plus torsion suspension & radial tires on aluminum wheels. You will at the most have maybe 5 or 600 lbs . Unless you are planning on hauling a car now and then. you will beat the helo up. with 5800 # axels. Also the dove tail that Fly-Guy mentioned helps greatly loading the mosquito.  I also ordered mine black with black screws. 
Hope this helps,   leo…..
(08-24-2018, 03:36 PM)U-L- Copter Wrote:
Wwarrn

You won't be needing any concrete blocks in the bed of your truck. Once you lower the trailer on your truck hitch ball there will be plenty of down force on your truck. And with a half ton 150, unless you have air bags or some kind of a spring helper It will likely put your truck on it's ass. An equalizer system would help this issue.  Also should be a V8, and  rear end ratio of 370 or 390 or lower. Or you will likely be pulling in drive. And a trans cooler is almost a must.

leo...

(08-23-2018, 10:28 AM)triston Wrote: yes the drive for me is about 3 hours to trt trailer sales and full description was mentioned earlier in thread but ill sum it up:

24' long
8'.5" wide
8' tall
90" door opening 7'.5"
v-nose
painted Black

Triston
An 8' tall and 8'wide should work for you, I had an 8'wide,8 tall with wheel boxes parchedly inside the trailer and my XEL fit between them with no issues with floats installed. I don't have my list on what axels I ordered, but  duel 3400# comes to mind. plus torsion suspension & radial tires on aluminum wheels. You will at the most have maybe 5 or 600 lbs . Unless you are planning on hauling a car now and then. you will beat the helo up. with 5800 # axels. Also the dove tail that Fly-Guy mentioned helps greatly loading the mosquito.  I also ordered mine black with black screws. 
Hope this helps,   leo…..

Thanks for that info i will catch them and change those axels, only thing i was thinking was if i ever sold the trailer there is more of a market for it if it had the capacity to haul cars, but if it is going to be bouncy i def do not want the higher rating.
When I sell, or my widowed wife sells, my mosi the buyer most likely will need a trailer. So the heli and trailer will be a 'marketable ' package ?
You need a bigger everything if you want to haul cars, so we'll address that if an when that comes about. Let my son figure that out. I'm not into that anymore !
Therefore, I guess I should tailor my requirements to my specific, single, needs, i.e., the heli, less than 1k lbs, 62" plus a little wide at the wheel wells, 21'7" plus a little for the length, side door up front, Bob tail and ramp door. Tandem wheels, I don't know ? Maybe enough room for a sleeping bag, coffee pot and small cooking grill or microwave, or maybe not. 'The trailor and heli are a package, everything goes together.'

Man, when are we ever going to get into building these things ?! TIME IS WASTING !! ? ? ? ?
Wwarn

Bouncing will not be an issue, as I repeat you will at the most maybe have 600 lbs in a trailer that with 5800 # axels  that could haul close to a 6000# vehicle. With that little weight ( your helo, gas,tools ect) you will not depress the springs, and will be like not having any suspension at all. Even with 3400# axles you will have very little depression of suspension. The added 18'' of height will help this (more weight) To make the best ride possible I highly recommend torsion bar suspension & radial tires. Back to the trailer for resale, most car guys don't need an 8 foot trailer to haul cars. Also you will have a bigger window for selling your trailer to another mosquito owner if its not a car trailer and better set up for a light helo. Another thing when the day ever goings you want to sell your mosquito (heaven forbid) Lol.. you will have a better chance of a sale if all the new owner has to do is hook up and go. Again I mention having the (beaver tail) that's what it was called when I bought mine, Fly-Guy refers to it as a dove tail. I believe they are the same, also when the last 3 or 4 feet of the trailer floor slants down it will ad to the ramp opening.  I also recommend two crank up roof vents, they get hot inside when closed up.  Then go to Harbor Freight an purchase the 2500# remote wench, if you watch sales, I have bought them for $50.

Hope this helps, have any questions P/M me..
leo…..
From Norbert, re., trailer specs:

You will need the following as a minimum:

7-9” clear door height
Minimum of 22’ interior length, it can include the vee nose if that is your preference, as we only need to fit the tail boom all the way forward.

There are so many other options.  Let me know how I may help further.

Horton
Eatonton GA 31024
706-484-2241 ask for TJ
Expected cost about 5.5K to start

My thoughts, I never thought about 'backing' the mosi into the trailer.  It dose solve the problem of having one blade too close to the top of the trailer during the roll in, going up the ramp.  No effect on the over all length.

EATONDON is within my range, east 100 miles, +/-.  I'll check that out.  Also, I need to clarify with Norbert, what he means by '7-9" .'  Is that 7-9 feet, or inches, above what ?

I get back with that question.