Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request to members
Casey,

I wish I had time to read your complete post. I will just say the "spam I spoke about were the post that were in some other language under every title and some that were out right advertisements that John had to delete.

If you think I am trying to silence anyone that is not my intent. I too lurked this site for over a year before I joined and asked a question. I guess when a question is asked I should wait to see if anyone else gives that person an answer. 

A lot of the search issues came with the change in the forum software. Many members backed off with their participation because the software was difficult to use.

The statement I am a "gate keeper" that everyone must get my blessing is far from true. I am also that person that does not learn or read well but that is another story. That does not mean I am stupid as you say, just different. My reference for that statement was the guy that won the lottery, bought a Mosi and proceeded to have it crash and burn.

I guess I could have stated some things differently just as you could. Nothing I stated was out of anger. I sent private messages asking for phone #s because it is faster to answer that way ( I don't like to type).

It would be nice to have this conversation over a beer. PM me with your number and let's talk.

Michael
XE 285  1205 (Myrtle)
Start: 8/1/2013
Finish: 5/24/2014
Arrived home: 10/11/2014

(08-21-2018, 03:49 AM)FlyGuy Wrote: Casey,

I wish I had time to read your complete post. I will just say the "spam I spoke about were the post that were in some other language under every title and some that were out right advertisements that John had to delete.

If you think I am trying to silence anyone that is not my intent. I too lurked this site for over a year before I joined and asked a question. I guess when a question is asked I should wait to see if anyone else gives that person an answer. 

A lot of the search issues came with the change in the forum software. Many members backed off with their participation because the software was difficult to use.

The statement I am a "gate keeper" that everyone must get my blessing is far from true. I am also that person that does not learn or read well but that is another story. That does not mean I am stupid as you say, just different. My reference for that statement was the guy that won the lottery, bought a Mosi and proceeded to have it crash and burn.

I guess I could have stated some things differently just as you could. Nothing I stated was out of anger. I sent private messages asking for phone #s because it is faster to answer that way ( I don't like to type).

It would be nice to have this conversation over a beer. PM me with your number and let's talk.

Michael

Of course, but like I was trying to say in the case of the lottery winner guy, if he had been on the forum and had asked a simple question and been "turned away" so-to-speak for not doing his own research, he would've just shrugged and went on to purchase a Mosquito and continue on as he did. All I'm saying, is that instead of dismissing said person with a "go research it yourself, the answer is there" attitude, maybe just answering his question and then striking up a conversation with him and learn more about him, and maybe through that path we would discover his situation and with a bond formed, we could've encouraged him to do things differently.

We're never going to stop people from doing stupid things, but I think being open and friendly with people is a much better way to stop them from doing dumb things instead of alienating them and leaving them to their own devices.

Oh and I was trying to be sure I was clear that I wasn't calling you straight up a "gate keeper" simply saying that attitude of "If this person doesn't _________ then they don't need to be flying a Mosquito" simply puts a person on the path to being "that guy", and if anyone deserves to be "that guy" I would say it's Dwight and the CFX guys, as well as anyone selling their Mosquito because at least they have personal face to face interaction with the person and they should be the "last line of defense" so-to-speak(do I say that too much? I feel like I do...).

I've been sitting here reading "That does not mean I am stupid as you say, just different." trying to decide if you think I called you stupid, or if you're just referring to when I said people who are different aren't necessarily stupid....I hope it's the latter because I certainly would never call you stupid kind sir!

And yeah, as far as the spam...well yeah...welcome to the internet haha, every single forum on the internet has to deal with spambots in some form or another(strangest feeling of deja vu here...), but I still thing a little robot checker thing would help to cut down on that, although I haven't noticed a whole lot of spam threads on our little corner of the internet, some of the bigger, more popular forums have to contend with that crap every day haha, so we kinda are pretty lucky  Wink 

And I have no problem PM'in ya my number! Just be warned though that you'll find me to be opposite of you haha, behind a keyboard when I have time to think of what to say and plan out my responses, I seem much more a conversationalist that I actually am in person, in person I'm quite shy, reserved and quiet, but I will welcome a conversation with a Mosquito owner any day of the week! Big Grin  
"Into the fires of forever we will fly through the heavens
With the power of the universe we stand strong together
Through the force in our power, it will soon reach the hour
For victory we ride, Fury of the Storm!"