Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm back y'all!
Hey everyone! It's me Mark Thompson and I wanted to say hello since it has been soo long since I was last on the forum. My handle on the old site was "UH-60 Pilot" but I'm here on the new site as "Mad Mosquito" to honor my late father and the name of what was our jointly owned Mosquito XEL to establish some continuity with the legacy that he left behind. I'm sorry if my absence has disappointed any of you or left you feeling empty in any way. Not that I think I'm that wonderful but because soo many of you are and have been soo good to me along the way especially Dwight & Robin, Paul, Mike Messex, Mike Marshal, Lorne, Phillip, Leo, Bob Mason, La Don and many more. 

It has been almost four years since I left Texas and moved back to Seoul, South Korea where I am a UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter instructor pilot. I work for the U.S. Army as a civilian teaching and evaluating Army pilots. I miss flying the EC 145 and the Super Huey from my old job with Travis County STAR Flight in Austin, TX and getting to fight fires and do hoist rescues but I am enjoying flying the Black hawk again and flying along the DMZ which is where my expertise is most realized. I have been back to the U.S. twice and both times I have made it to Trenton to see everyone at the factory. Yes, I still have my Mosquito Mafia jacket and i do wear it over here in Korea. 

I look forward to engaging in some good discussions with you all again and I'd like to thank Mike "Fly Guy" Marshal  for pushing me to get back on the forum.
Mark Thompson
Hey Mark, good to have you back!
Look forward to some good stories form that side of the planet.
Never did get to meet you in person but...
-Mosquito sales and services Down Under-
Mark,

I knew if I bugged you enough you would show up. Glad to see you back!!!

Michael
XE 285  1205 (Myrtle)
Start: 8/1/2013
Finish: 5/24/2014
Arrived home: 10/11/2014

Welcome back. Don't believe I've had the pleasure, but always good to have another veteran amoung us.
(08-30-2018, 08:18 PM)FlyGuy Wrote: Mark,

I knew if I bugged you enough you would show up. Glad to see you back!!!

Michael

Thanks for motivating me brother!
Mark Thompson
Hi Mark

Good to hear from you, as I am sure you have noticed the site isn't what It used to be. Not to many of the 2006- 2008 owners are getting involved. I sold my XEL two years ago but still like to keep involved in the site and help out if I can. Carol & I are planning to attend the 2019 Trenton Fly-In, any chance you might make it? I think of your dad often, "what a great guy" I guess we were the two old guys flying mosquitos. 
Again great to have you back Mark, your expertise on helicopters will be a great benefit to all.

Take care fly safe,  leo…..
(09-02-2018, 03:14 PM)U-L- Copter Wrote: Hi Mark

Good to hear from you, as I am sure you have noticed the site isn't what It used to be. Not to many of the 2006- 2008 owners are getting involved. I sold my XEL two years ago but still like to keep involved in the site and help out if I can. Carol & I are planning to attend the 2019 Trenton Fly-In, any chance you might make it? I think of your dad often, "what a great guy" I guess we were the two old guys flying mosquitos. 
Again great to have you back Mark, your expertise on helicopters will be a great benefit to all.

Take care fly safe,  leo…..

Leo! Great to hear from you man! There is a chance that I might be there for the 2019 Flyin. I should be going to FT. Rucker, AL sometime next year for a transition course to a newer model of the Black Hawk. I'm hoping the time I'll be there will line up with the Flyin. It would be great to see you and Carol again. I'll be sure to let you know when I know for sure.
Mark Thompson