Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any news on the direction of the company?
Hey everyone! I have not had the heart to call Dwight since John's passing even though I know he would talk to me about it. I know I wanted to talk about my father's crash to all of you who had questions but that was just my way of dealing with it. This may be the case with Dwight as well but I don't want to obligate him into talking if he isn't in the mood. So, have any of you heard anything about how John's passing may affect the future of the Mosquito?
Mark Thompson
Not heard yet, but it is probably early days still.  There is a lot of support from within the Mosquito community so it is likely to be awhile before anything is communicated.
I don’t really have the explicit details I’m sure you’re looking for, but I’ll just share that when I talked to a Dwight a few weeks after the accident he just basically communicated to me that life will move on. Him and Norbert have been taking trips up to Canada to visit the vendors that supply Mosquito parts to insure the Mosi will continue as well as getting lots of stuff that was stored moved down to Florida.

We’re just going to have to sit back and wait and see if anything changes I guess
"Into the fires of forever we will fly through the heavens
With the power of the universe we stand strong together
Through the force in our power, it will soon reach the hour
For victory we ride, Fury of the Storm!" 
Thanks for the info fellas.
Mark Thompson
While Dwight was driving up all the parts and material were inventoried for customs, individually packaged and prepositioned in Johns shop. Vendors we could find were contacted and arrangements made and inventory they had on hand was collected. Dwight drove up with Robin, Norbert flew up and met Dwight to help load the prepositions "stuff" and the two place and help on customs requirements. All have returned to FL and unpacking has been ongoing. Business as close to normal as possible
And I can say, having been here in Trenton for the last couple weeks working, that things are turning and burning. Parts that were once made in Canada are being tooled up here. Orders appear to be coming in, and there are least five birds, including mine, in the barn under work, with at least one more in the paint shop. (I think they would like me to get out of here so they can free up some space Smile ).
XE285 #1329 N869DJ
Start: June 2018
Done:  Sep 12, 2018  Sleepy 
AWC Issued: Sep 26, 2018  Big Grin  
I certainly don’t want to hijack the thread here but I just wanted to ask how your build is going! I was so disappointed to have to miss meeting you in person on the way, but unfortunately work must come first  Undecided
"Into the fires of forever we will fly through the heavens
With the power of the universe we stand strong together
Through the force in our power, it will soon reach the hour
For victory we ride, Fury of the Storm!" 
Thanks for the info fellas!
Mark Thompson